Trekking the Route of Memories

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

One student asked me one day, “Sir, I want to improve my personality. What steps should I take?” And even without asking my brain, my mouth had already articulated the reply, “Join MIT NCC Troop”. What is so special about the MIT NCC Troop that the name “MNT” is considered as a synonym for “Personality Development”. Asking this question to myself made me to look back in my three year association with MNT.
One day, a very shy guy enters the Dnyaneshwara Hall for blood donation. He is highly impressed with the activities and plans to join the NCC. He doesn’t get selected for any wing of NCC due to poor eyesight and hence, drops the hope of getting into these activities. But, then appears a ray of hope. Someone informs him that he can join the activities voluntarily. And this is the launch of the personality development sessions of his life.
He learns “Unity and Discipline”; the basic principles of NCC through MNT. But these are not the only things he learns at this place. He learns the Team spirit, Sportsmanship, Team Building, Leadership Qualities, Convincing Skills, Social Responsibilities, Patriotic Josh, Acting, Dancing, Playing Instruments, Trekking, Adventure sports.. The list is never ending. The boy started participating in various social, cultural, adventure and academic activities in MNT. And through the actual “Student Leadership” in each activity, he started developing in all aspects of his life. This is what Flg Office Deshmukh Sir calls as “Multidisciplinary Development” of a person..
And then, after passing out from the college, the boy joins Educational Sector accepting his social responsibility. And with the leadership qualities he got through MNT, he soon gets promoted to the post of “Head of Department”.
Those who have noticed me during my first year of NCC would probably never have imagined that one day, I will be handling 150+ students and few staff members. A guy, who was once afraid even to talk with his friends, would some day have the courage to stand on a stage in front 150 students and teach. All this is just a magic, and it would never have been possible without the Magician called “MIT NCC TROOP”.

Well, The troop and Deshmukh Sir taught me everything just as Saint Tukaram has said,



जे जे आपणासी ठावे । ते ते इतरांसी द्यावे ॥
शहाणे करोनी सोडावे । सकळजण ॥

The Troop taught me to win, to lose and to win even in the loss. It taught me to inspire, to appreciate, to anticipate, to felicitate, to celebrate, to negotiate, to learn, to teach, to learn while teaching others. It taught me to speak up and to speak out. It taught me to think individually but at the same time being with everyone. It taught me to see seriously towards the life. But at the same time, enjoy every single pal of life.
It taught me to share happiness with everyone, but at the same time to share our sorrows and solve our problems. It taught me to help everyone, and to help myself too. It taught me to express myself, and to feel others too. It taught me to prove myself, but at the same time accept others’ opinions too. It taught me to love and to be loved.
And most of all, it taught me the meaning of most fantastic thing on this mother earth. Life.

You might think that I’m just playing with words. But no my dear friend, I am not playing with words. In fact, MNT is a place where the words are keen to play with you.
I would like to end with a small note. Once, my senior Yogesh Lunkad Sir had said, “MNT is like a movie. It’s full of Comedy, Emotions, Drama, Music, Dance and all the things of life.” Well, there are many more such movies present in the MIT campus. But very few of them are Oscar Winners.
And MNT is one of those Oscar Winning movies.

- Dinesh Finally completed this scribble at 10:14 PM  

0 people thought of commenting on this:

Post a Comment