Job. Job.. Job... !!!

Friday, September 15, 2006

It had been 4 days since i joined the college as a lecturer. And during these 4 days, i met 3 types of students.

On my first day, when i took my first class, I realised that the students are too mischievous and they don't want to study at all. I was regretting my own decision to do something for these students..

Then, after lecture, few students came to me and asked me to be little strict so that these students can atleast listen. They were unable to learn due to few mischievous students.

Then one guy, whom i hadn't allowed to enter as he was late, came to me to say sorry. I realised that this guy works from 2 AM - 7:30 AM and then comes to college. There are few more students who need to work for learning.

Then i decided to do something for those students. I started being strict. Mischieves were immidiately thrown out of the class, late comers and class disturbers were not allowed. Many times late comers have genuine problem but rules have to be same for all. Anyways, i repeat everything when the latecomers come in staff room asking for the part.

Main problem with the education system here is teachers are not interested in extra work. They just talk a little, dictate notes and consider their job is over. They are never willing to solve doubts. I made a change here. I started solving even silliest doubts of them. And once 2-3 students' doubts were solved, more students started approaching me with doubts..

The students are also not much interested in asking doubts. Rather they are too afraid to ask it in class. So many times they come to staff room to ask me doubts. Staff room or class room, important thing is they should ask each and every doubt. And after second day, situation was like they started asking me even doubts in other subjects. And i never said no..

Now I'm sure that my decision was correct and I have to work harder for the same. And btw, I'm also popular amongst my superiors. My princi and director is very happy with my performance. So its too good feeling.

Only thing is i miss my old days. Every small thing here reminds me of my days in MNT. I just want to leave those 3 years again... If only it would have been possible..

- Dinesh Finally completed this scribble at 6:49 PM  

0 people thought of commenting on this:

Post a Comment