Travelogue from the Land of Marwad - 1

Monday, August 06, 2007

I was on a tour of Rajasthan for one week. Here I will be putting up about my traveling and the places I had been to.

Day 1: July 30
Left for Jalna at morning 6:30. It was 1st Birthday of my sweet cute niece Netal. So just attended the birthday party. We were supposed to move further to Mumbai from here where we would catch train for Jodhpur.
Left for Mumbai at 2300 hours IST by Latur-Mumbai CST Latur Express.. In short nothing much to be written about in the day.

Day 2: July 31
Reached at Dadar at 7:00 AM. Took up a taxi and reached Bandra Terminus, we were to take up train to Jodhpur from here. I would recommend take up a local to Bandra from Dadar. The terminus is just 1.3km away from the Local train station. Or even better, alight at Khar road which is 0.4km away from the terminus.
The station is very clean and well maintained. So getting fresh here was no problem at all. After getting fresh at the waiting hall of Bandra Terminus, we planned to wander a little. Went to my new college (CIMR) and my new hostel. Wanted to show the places to my mom. he was happy and satisfied with the places I'm gonna study and live at.
After getting back to the terminus, we straight away went to our train and rested in the boggie through which we were supposed to travel. The train we had taken up was "Bandra Terminus - Jodhpur Suryanagri Express". Very fast and comfortable train. It stops at Borivali, Surat, Vadodara, Ahmadabad, Abu Road, Palampur, Marwad, Pali, Loni, Rani and Jodhpur. So you can see, very selective stations. I will recommend this train to those traveling to Rajasthan.

The train left Bandra at its scheduled time, 01:30 AM and was running on time throughout. Enjoying food at various stations, we were traveling through the route, looking forward to reach Jodhpur at 6:30 AM next day.
I will specially recommend the Rabdi at Abu Road station. Its very delicious.
At 9:30 PM, I was in my bed, looking forward to next morning.

TO BE CONTINUED...

- Dinesh Finally completed this scribble at 7:25 PM  

0 people thought of commenting on this:

Post a Comment