Rose and The Thorns

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Why do we gift rose to our dear ones? Why not the thorns?
Silly question I know. But can anyone explain me the reason? Is it because we want to spread the fragrance of rose or is it that we don't want to make our friends suffer with the thorns? If you ask me, Rose symbolizes the positive side (happiness) and the thorns symbolize the negative side (sorrows, problems, worries etc). So will you term someone as *friend* when you can't share the negative side with him/ her? Atleast I can't.
I will always share my negative side with those whom I consider as *friend*. After all, Girl Friends are made to create the troubles and friends are made to take you out of these troubles.
So next time, if I gift you thorns, don't think that I'm making you suffer. Think that I consider you as *friend* in true sense.

By the way, here is information about what different colours of roses symbolize.

-->Red: love
-->Pink: grace, gentle feelings of love
-->Dark Pink: gratitude
-->Light Pink: admiration, sympathy
-->White: innocence, purity, secrecy, friendship, reverence and humility.
-->Yellow: Yellow roses generally mean dying love or platonic love. In German-speaking countries, however, they can mean jealousy and infidelity.
-->Yellow with red tips: Friendship, falling in love
-->Orange: passion
-->Burgundy: beauty
-->Blue: mystery
-->Green: calm
-->Black: slavish devotion (as a true black rose is impossible to produce)
-->Purple: protection (paternal/maternal love)

- Dinesh Finally completed this scribble at 4:19 AM  

1 people thought of commenting on this:

Blergh. I'll synthesise a black rose someday.

And, it's thorns, not thrones.

Prince K. said...
Monday, 14 May, 2007  

Post a Comment