Five Point Someone

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Just completed reading this book. The author himself has cleared what is this book about. Its not about how to behave in IITs. Its rather about how not to behave in IITs. It clearly revolves around one thing. How messed up things can get if you don't think straight.
Well, I found the story lot similar to my own life. I wasted my first year in just enjoyment. Similar to Alok, Ryan and Hari in the book. Only thing is I started thinking straight at later stage and so I managed to get the things straight in further life. If only I would have read the book at start of my engineering college.
When I look to myself, I find myself as a mixture of all the three characters in the story. I was always unattractive like Hari, I was emotionally not so close to my parents like Ryan and still, I never managed to enjoy much in childhood like Alok. Only difference between them and me is I never tasted Vodka :D
Anyways, I am fan of Chetan Bhagat's writing style ever since I read One night at Call centre. His writing style and words are just so simple and clear. Yet he manages to increase your curiosity with every passing line. You will be just stuck up with the book until you finish reading whole book. And though there is not much philosophy to be told out of these books, you just get the basic motive of the book, which matters the most.
Anyways, at the end of the entry, all I want to say is do read the book if you haven't before. You will be thanking me for the suggestion later.

- Dinesh Finally completed this scribble at 2:52 PM  

1 people thought of commenting on this:

Read it a long time back... simple writing and an intresting story.. and the best part is every body will be able to identify with it...

Anonymous said...
Friday, 08 December, 2006  

Post a Comment