Again online for hours

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Dinesh Soni's Blog: Cartoon Spending too much time onlineThis is the story about time. The time when I was alone. I was living in a hostel with a room mate, always surrounded by friends. Still, I was alone. And my only friend my computer and internet. I used to be online for hours. Well, talking about exact figures, 10 AM to 2 AM. Yup, almost 16 hours a day. And other times also, my net connection used to be active for downloading.
Later I started reducing my online time and rather, tried to be online in real world. I started interacting with friends, wandering here and there, visiting college once or twice a day. So my online timings reduced to 5-6 hours a day.
Then I graduated. And shifted to home. Meanwhile, Airtel increased the GPRS rates by 171% (12 Rs. per day). So I disconnected the net cause it was going too costly. So whole 15 days I was away from net.
Then I realized life is stuck somewhere without internet. So I decided to again activate GPRS. And, finally I did it.
Now is the time when I'm again getting addicted to internet. I'm online for about 7 hours on the working days. And on holidays, 12 full hours. Today also, I'm on net from 9 AM. And now it is 8 PM.
I'm again getting addicted to net. But what do I do online? Well, just orkutting. Surfing 2-3 different sites, few blogs. But again back to orkut. Then while sleeping, I realize I forgot blogging. Then I open blogger and put up 1-2 entries.
Then while sleeping, I think of the day and realize that one more day has finished in internet. Then I decide to reduce the time on internet from next day.
And the next day, again I decide for the next day.

- Dinesh Finally completed this scribble at 8:07 PM  

0 people thought of commenting on this:

Post a Comment