Monsoon to hit Kerala by 30 May

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Finally the pre-monsoon rains are here. Today it rained, though not heavily, in Pune. I enjoyed the rains in my own way.

"The monsoon will hit the Kerala coast on May 30, two days ahead of schedule." says Sathi Devi, Director, Weather Bureau.

So, this year my treks will start earlier. That's great.

Last year’s torrential downpour is still fresh in people’s minds. So is there a chance of its repeat this year? "Last year was an exception. Such rainfall does not happen every year. Last year, it rained more than expected. But we cannot really predict so soon if there will be a repeat this year" she added.

Guys, better let's be ready to face circumstances if they arrive.

Btw, I put up a poem about first rain on my Marathi blog. Check out the poem here.

- Dinesh Finally completed this scribble at 1:29 AM  

0 people thought of commenting on this:

Post a Comment