Salute to Womankind

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Here, I'm gonna share just three small incidents happened during my latest Rohida trek. These incidents involve different women; in fact totally different category of women. Different feelings.. But all the three draw same conclusion. Women are better than mankind..

Incident 1:
Venue: PMT bus to Swargate.
Lady involved: A young girl, maybe college student.

I was sitting on a ladies seat cause there were no ladies standing in the bus. On one stop, two ladies boarded the bus. I stood up and offered them the seat. The young girl gave a cute smile and said "Thank You". I don't think any guy would have shown this much of courtesy.

Incident 2:
Venue: Outside Sambhaji Bridge Police Station
Lady Involved: A lady police officer

One two wheeler crosses the bridge exclusively made up for four wheelers and gets caught by the lady officer. Officer asks him for license and the man puts a 50 Rupees note in the license and gives the license to officer. Officer takes out the note, gives it back to the person and makes a proper challan for the crime.
Can you think of any male officer who will be having so much of honesty? Well, I don't think so..

Incident 3:
Venue: Wai Bus stop
Lady Involved: A poor village lady

The lady was selling combs to earn some money to feed her child. She comes to me and requests me to buy the comb. First, I'm not interested in buying but then I see at the child and think to help the lady. I have 2 Rupees change in my pocket and I offer this money to her and tell her don't give me the comb. The lady promptly replies, "तर मग दोन रूपयांचा कंगवा घ्या ना !" (Meaning "If you want to help, buy a comb of 2 Rupees and don't give me money for nothing"). This feeling of "Khuddari" is nowhere visible in men. In fact, just have a look at today's men who are dying to get everything for nothing. And no, I am not talking about the village men. I'm talking about the so called "Well Educated and well cultured" men of the towns and cities..


Overall, these three women taught me new lessons and I salute all womankind of India.

- Dinesh Finally completed this scribble at 11:41 PM  

7 people thought of commenting on this:

Kool...

Anonymous said...
Friday, 17 February, 2006  

Thanks Hima

Dinesh said...
Friday, 17 February, 2006  

that makes a lot of sense..its true

Thursday, 23 February, 2006  

Thanks Abhishek..

Dinesh said...
Friday, 24 February, 2006  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
abhijit said...
Friday, 10 March, 2006  

why would you vacate your seat for guy.

other two incidents are real good stuff..Keep writing

abhijit said...
Friday, 10 March, 2006  

Abhijit, it was a "Ladies Seat" so i had to vacate..
It seems you didn't read the post properly..

Dinesh said...
Friday, 10 March, 2006  

Post a Comment